“The Cloud” is being touted as “the next big” thing in information technology these days. Computer companies are doing their best to make you feel hopelessly out-of-touch if your business isn’t into “the Cloud.”
But before you commit to “the Cloud,” maybe you’d like to have a few things made clear.
In the first place, “the Cloud” isn’t really a new idea. It’s simply being able to access applications, data and other services – that are stored or hosted on remotely located servers – from your office or mobile device via the Internet.
And, not coincidentally, to store your valuable data on those same secure servers.
Don’t get us wrong. The Cloud may not be a new idea, exactly, but it is a great one. You don’t need all those onsite backup systems if your data is being stored offsite. That cuts down on power consumption, maintenance and expensive hardware. Plus, it frees up a lot of floor space.
More important, you don’t have to worry about losing your critical data in case of fire, flood or some other disaster. It’s all safely stored on redundant servers and available whenever you need it.
You can even put your entire IT operation on Cloud. Email, network security, PCs, servers, firewalls, security apps, software … whatever. Because when it’s in the Cloud, it’s out of your hair.
But is the Cloud where your business ought to be?
We’d say that depends. You may be ready to go totally into the Cloud. Or It could be a “Partly Cloudy” solution makes more sense. We’ll be glad to help you figure it out with a free onsite consultation. To arrange one, call us at 484.443.4000 or click here.
At ITSG, we happen to know a lot about the Cloud and how to get the most out of it. Our founder, Michael J. Davey, wrote the book (literally) on Cloud Computing for Business and we’ll be glad to give you a free copy.
Once you’ve done that, take a look at a few of the ways we can help you use the Cloud to grow your business.
Cloud Computing via ITSG
- Offsite Backups. We’ll keep your data safe and accessible at all times by keeping it in the Cloud. Our Cloud-based Backup and Disaster Recovery FailSafe solutions protect it from hardware failure or any other kind of disaster.
- Hosted Email. We’ll provide your email services via the Cloud so you don’t have to worry about costly hardware and software.
- Spam and Virus Blocking. We can keep your inbox spam- and virus-free in the Cloud and save you a bundle on dedicated hardware.
- Remote Access. With the Cloud, you get instant access to your data from laptop or tablet anywhere you go.
- Google Apps. We’re authorized resellers and we can provide the framework that allows you to access your calendar, contacts and documents with Google Apps. We’ll create and manage your account for you and provide all the support you need.
- Microsoft SharePoint. With SharePoint, your documents will be easier to manage, more secure and accessible from anywhere. We’ll take care of all the details.
- Salesforce CRM. We’re big on customer relationship management and can make that a lot easier for you with Salesforce. Thanks to the Cloud, you can store your customer data online and access it anywhere quickly and securely.
- Total Cloud. We’ll host all your IT services on the Cloud, reducing your overhead and your headaches.